Friday, March 28

Tuesday, March 25

Project steps:

  1. Wood modle to get an idea of the dimensions [completed]
  2. Testing 1 Motor with VDF [completed]
  3. 6 x Arms for the motors [completed]
  4. 6 x Poti connection to the motors [completed]
  5. Testing 1 Motor with Board from Thanos and BBF and xSIM [completed]
  6. Buying the 5 other motors [Ordered, VDF's"Optidrive P2" recieved]
  7. Wiring the setup [completed]
  8. Building 6 rods with joint head [rods material ordered]
  9. Fix all motors on wood blocks (easy to adjust and tune) to figure out best dimensions for the platform base, using the wood triangle. [Woodblocks produced]
  10. Building the platform base and triangle
  11. Collecting seat/window/throttle/yoke positions dimension from the C-172 [Completet]
  12. Building the seat and montior construction

Monday, March 24

Testing Motor and VDF inverter

Manually tested VDF inverter with Switches and Poti using local power from VDF:

... seems to work...

Docu for the VDF

Saturday, March 15

Playing with dimensions...

A rudimentary but simple, fast and cheap approach to get hold of the good dimensions...

For the ball and socket head I just made a large whole that the screw can move.

Tuesday, March 11

Project start ...

After fantastic guidance from Thanos I've ordered:

The AMC1280USB Controller board and 1 (out of 6) driver unit:

Driver unit just arrived today...